A few weekends ago, I was poking around my site statistics and found that I had a huge number of hits and was using a much larger percentage of my bandwidth than I’d expect with a silly, personal text- and image-only weblog:

weekly hit report for ericgar.com

So I took a look at my referrers:

referrer report for ericgar.com

And sure enough someone is hotlinking one of my images at http://forums.vwvortex.com. It turns out it’s my from my post about Buying a Reliant Robin:

forum post for ugliest car

Which they found because I’m the first hit in Google Image Search for “Reliant Robin”:

google image for reliant robin

So I replaced it with this:

reliant robin in camo